A history of generosity and compassion.
The Village at Rockville, A National Lutheran Community (formerly National Lutheran Home), was built on the gifts of generous people who gave so that others could live in comfort and dignity. This legacy of giving at The Village at Rockville began in 1890 with a gift of land from Mrs. Sarah Utermehle, and continues on today through charitable gifts of time, talent and treasure.
Philanthropic gifts to The Village at Rockville directly benefit the residents of the community and ensure the fulfillment of The Village’s mission of service to seniors. These gifts enrich the lives of residents, facilitate growth of services and programs, and support capital improvements.
- Over $5,000,000 of Benevolent Care support was provided to residents on Medicaid or without resources.
- Approximately 52% of residents that received health care services also received a financial subsidy.
Review Our Annual Reports:
For information about philanthropy at The Village at Rockville, contact Kirsten Haalboom, Director of Philanthropy, 301-354-8422.
The Village at Rockville, A National Lutheran Community is a faith-based, not-for-profit ministry of the Metropolitan Washington, D.C., Delaware-Maryland and Virginia Synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).